Sunday, June 1, 2014

The porch garden (kids summer fun segment part 1)




Ladies and gents it is summer again. My personal favorite season of the year. The weather is warm and I just want to be outside. So do the kids. If yours are anything like mine they are always wanting to do something, So i have decided to post some idea of fun things to do with your kids all summer. Some of these ideas like the One I am posting about today can be enjoyed by just adults as well.


Gardening.... I love to do it, I grew up in the country and my mom always had a garden both a flower garden and a vegetable one. I unfortunately do not live in the country and do not have the luxury of having some beautiful 100 acre yard to grow all my crops in. I have a large front deck and a small front yard. So this is a post of how to enjoy a garden while not having a yard to put one in. My deck has become my garden lol.
   I love it I walk outside it smells wonderful like flowers and Summer. It has become my favorite place and I sit out there most of the tie while my kids play.
Meet the little devils. The cutie in the back is 
my daughter and the front two are her cousins.



So we decided to start a garden and what started as a couple flower seeds put into planters has become a full out vegetable and flower garden. Now since I had a lack of yard to work with it was time to get creative. I sent daddy-o to the store to g the supplies. We started with two plastic blue baby pools and some regular planters. I was excited for this because I have never tried this before and am anxious to see the outcome.

This next part should be done by an adult or if an OLDER child does it then supervision is a must. Safety first my friends. Now we poked some holes in the bottom of the pool so that when we watered the plants they don't drown from being over watered. Then the next part was my youngest's favorite part putting the dirt in the pools. The kids had a blast doing this. They got to get all dirty and play in the dirt all the while being a huge help to me.

Once we got the dirt all packed into the pools. It was time to pant the seeds. I let the kids pick what we planted. Now you have to choose carefully here some plants require a very deep area to let their roots spread out so they may flourish and be SO delicious and the kids did plant some carrots which I'm a bit nervous about but we will see how they turn out. so we made out little rows and planted the seeds.
 The kids Love going out with  me everyday and tending to our garden. We have soe stuff already sprouting up and its so fun to watch how amazed they are at seeing the seeds the planted become something. So everyone a porch garden its a really fun outdoor activity to do with the kids and also a great way to enjoy having a garden while living in town. I hope you guys enjoyed this post please comment below if you have any questions I will answer them. Thanks everyone..

WinwreyStrife <3


No comments:

Post a Comment