Monday, May 26, 2014

Nerd block May 2014 Unboxing/ Review



One day while Surfing the internet I came across a few videos of people doing unboxing videos of subscription boxes.
I remember thinking what the hell are subscription boxes? So i started watching a few of these videos and I realized this was AMAZBALLS! The concept of a subscription box is that you pay for a monthly subscription to be shipped to your doorstep. Every month the box has some different set of items inside and you never know what you will get. Each month there is usually a new Theme to the box.
   There are subscription boxes for almost any hobby/Interest. I knew i had to check these out and I may have went on a bit of a shopping binge and subscribed to several different boxes. I figured why not review these for my blog and see if this was worth my money. Most of these boxes claim to exceed what you paid for the box in the value of its content. The first Box I received at my door was Nerd Block.



 This particular box is directed towards fans Of video games and Nerd type culture.
 We looked at a couple different boxes in this category and decided to try this one first. When you go to their website It got my attention right away with its fun layout. I clicked the link for Subscribe It first asks you to pick which box you wanted to subscribe to.
 Nerd block gives you 4 different options to choose from. They have the Classic Nerd block which is the one i chose. They have Nerd Block Jr. which is directed towards the ages 6 to 11. They give you the option to either subscribe to the Girl or boy Jr. Box. Finally They just added the newest Block the Horror Block which is obviously a horror themed box. The thing I liked about the Nerd block was these boxes come with a T-shirt Every month they allow you to choose the shirt size options and you can either choose mens fitted, woman's fitted, unisex, or child. I liked the idea of receiving a t-shirt. It just added to the value and made me feel like I was really getting my moneys worth.
 When you go to the Subscribe page they give you a couple different purchasing options. You can do it monthly with it renewing each month or there is also a 3 month and 6 month option. I chose the 3 month option because I felt 3 months was an adequate time frame to do accurate reviews on the box. Mays box was a Star Wars theme for the most part And I felt the box was nicely put together and I really liked the Items inside.







The first Item In the box was my shirt. It was a Star Wars and Game of Thrones mash up. I'm a huge GOT fan so I got a kick out of this one. The second Item I noticed was this adorable star wars Plush toy.








I got Chewbaccca. I saw that there were other variants in other boxes. I'm glad I got Chewy though I love that Wookie.

Next Item I pulled Out was called Super Mario Bros. Danglers. These are cute little key chains that at singly packaged. There are about ten different ones you could possibly get and you don't know which one you have till you open it up. 
The next item was my sons favorite Item. It was a Star Wars Papercraft Play-set. To me these reminded me of the paper dolls I played with as a kid only cooler and for boys to enjoy also.


Next was the Stick-It Pad in clear. I personally love this item and i didn't put it in my car but Its on a cupboard in my kitchen so I can put my phone up there and follow recipes. 
not the greatest picture as its clear but its on there.


The final item In the box was The Amazing Spiderman  issue 1 Fan Expo comic book. 

All In all I really enjoyed my first box. Even though I may not have used everything in the box There was someone in my house that did want it. between my boyfriend, my son and myself it has been a win  this month. Hopefully the next couple boxes are to my liking as well.
My overall rating for this box based on this month is 4 stars out of 5. It would have been a 5 except im not the big of a star wars fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment